Search This Blog

Friday, December 15, 2017

Roaring Forty Project

In Mar 2017 I acquired 'Roaring Forty', a 1997 Open 40 designed by Lutra Design Group and built by Akton Yachts. She is full carbon build with Southern Spars triple spreader rig and carbon bowsprit. Drawing 2.92m with her L shaped bulb keel she is a stiff and fast boat.

I found her as most do on the internet, but this time it was right place at the right time. After exchanging emails with the broker and researching the web I knew I had stumbled across a special yacht....fully sorted for exactly the racing and challenges before me. So put the money down and 'Roaring Forty' joined our fleet.





Now as we all know, the purchase price is but a drop in the ocean compared to through life sustainment costs. I had budgeted for a major refit involving replacement of the propulsion unit, standing rigging and water ballast system. The journey begins.























No comments:

Post a Comment