Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2018

Plan B


I have been watching the weather intently for the past week as it rolls in across the Atlantic and over the UK. The ideal departure window south from the UK is August through September with maybe a window or two early October for the lucky few that have stopped off in Spain or Portugal.
Its now 26 Oct and the frequency of gales has increased and the temp has dropped as the cold fronts come through.

Unfortunately my weather window has now closed so on the basis of good seamanship Roaring Forty wont be coming home this year.

As you can see by the synoptic chart below its not pretty. The outlook for the next 14 days tells a similar story. Its time to regroup and and put into play Plan B so I don't chew up all my Leave waiting for a window that is painted shut, or beating myself and Roaring Forty up in conditions far from desirable. Shit happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment